Purpose Capital Impact Fund
We welcome your interest in the Purpose Capital Impact Fund.
Around the world, investors are looking for ways to not only make money from their investments, but also to make a difference. Whether it is concern about poverty, housing, or the environment, more and more of us are feeling the urgency to change the way we invest and do business. We want to back innovative solutions to major environmental and social problems.
Globally, impact investing is on an upward trajectory. The Global Impact Investors Network (GIIN) estimates that there is now US$228 billion in impact investing assets, which represents a doubling of the year prior.
The Purpose Capital Impact Fund is the first fund of its kind in New Zealand. Building on the experience of some of New Zealand’s biggest commercial trusts and New Zealand’s largest investor network, it harnesses the power of the philanthropic and commercial sectors in one vehicle. As such, it combines expertise in philanthropy and social change with a track record of investing in innovation.
The Purpose Capital Impact Fund will provide a valuable funding source for innovative companies and projects making an environmental or social impact – while providing a consistent financial return to our investors and our community.
The Fund represents a unique opportunity for Wholesale Investors to invest alongside some of the most impactful philanthropic trusts in New Zealand, as well as the country’s largest and best resourced Angel Investor group. Enterprise Angels (EA) has over 200 members with an experienced professional staff of eight.
With professional management led by the Founder and Executive Director of EA, Bill Murphy, the Purpose Capital Impact Fund provides investors the benefit of:
- Portfolio diversification - through the number of investments it makes, as well as the diverse sectors and instruments (equity/debt) in which it invests.
- Investment expertise - via the various governance structures through which a wide range of wholesale investors pool their investment, business, social and environmental expertise.
- Strong risk management disciplines - in governance oversight, due diligence best practices, portfolio construction, and best practice investment documentation structuring.
- Active lead investment practices - working with investment opportunities, attracting co-investment, and structuring the necessary blended finance deals.
- Efficiency - in the structure of the investment management team, which reduces complexity and accesses the expertise of the surrounding community of investors and supporters.
Investing in impact companies is high risk and potentially high reward for your portfolio and your community. Investing via a fund is a way of mitigating this risk, as each Fund investment has been through a rigorous due diligence and negotiation process, backed by experienced company and impact investors.
Download the key terms here or complete the EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for access to the full Information Memorandum.
Expression of Interest
This Expression of interest is not legally binding and you are entitled to withdraw your expression of interest at any time prior to signing the formal binding documentation.