What legislation governs investments with Enterprise Angels and how to comply.
1. A Client Agreement
The Agreement formalises the relationship between you, your investing entity and Enterprise Angels, and provides Enterprise Angels the authority of your investing entity to accept your instructions relating to your investments with us.
- If you intend to invest in your own personal name, as a couple, or informal group or partnership, click here
- If you intend to invest via a company, partnership or society, click here
- If you intend to invest via a trust, click here
Note: this must be updated whenever any information contained in the agreement changes.
The Wholesale Certificate confirms that you qualify as a Wholesale Investor under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and that you understand the risks involved in early stage investing.
If you qualify as a “Wholesale” Investor you are able to self certify, however if you qualify as an “Eligible” Investor you will need a NZ accountant, lawyer or financial adviser who can verify your experience, and will co-sign your Wholesale Investor Certificate. Click here to download.
Note: this must be updated every two years in order to continue to invest in new deals.
3. An EA Nominee Deed if you are required to invest via EA Nominee Ltd
The Investor Deed formalises the relationship between your investing entity and EA Nominee Ltd, allowing you to invest in smaller parcel sizes (depending on the investment offer, this is commonly a minimum of $10K comprising $5K initial and the remainder for follow-on). Also, the ability to communicate commitments and responses to us via email rather than signing individual agreements. Click here to download.
On completion of the above, Enterprise Angels will pass your name and contact details on to First AML, our Customer Due Diligence (CDD) agent, who will contact all parties to the agreement directly to complete your CDD required for AML/CFT.
4. Only if you are investing in EA Fund 1, 2 or 3 or the Purpose Capital Impact Fund
In addition to the above, the Funds we manage are also subject to CRS and FATCA reporting requirements. This means that Enterprise Angels on behalf of EA GP Ltd and Purpose Capital GP Ltd (the Fund General Manager) is required to:
- Identify any Limited Partners that are tax residents in jurisdictions outside New Zealand.
- Identify any controlling person or beneficial owner of a Limited Partner that is tax resident in jurisdictions outside New Zealand.
- The Inland Revenue Department is in turn required to report to the relevant Tax Authority of each country with which New Zealand has an agreement.
Unfortunately, as a financial institution, we are not permitted to give tax advice, please contact your tax adviser of you require advice on this matter.
As part of the settlement process, you will be requested to make a declaration regarding the Tax Residency of your investing entity and also any controlling person and beneficial owners (as applicable for legal entities).
Ready to get started?
Please upload your completed compliance documents and/or make your Tax Residency declaration below: