Angel Members have the opportunity to put their experience, skills and connections to work by taking on the role of an Investor Director or Investor Representative in one of the companies they invest in.
Being an Investor Rep is a fantastic role which aims to maximise value for both the assigned company and their investors.
What we are looking for in an Investor Rep:
- Keep Enterprise Angels top of mind at your nominated company so resources (the team, investors, partners) can step in and assist where needed
- You are representing EA investors, no other investors, although your involvement should help all investors.
- Field questions from other Enterprise Angels investors and liaise with company for response, particularly with corporate actions that are not business as usual.
- Give the Enterprise Angels team a heads up on any possible capital raising and lead/oversee light due diligence for follow-on rounds. Talk with potential investors.
- Keep your eye out for any exit opportunities for Enterprise Angels investors
- Keep a finger on the pulse of what is happening with your nominated company and apprise Enterprise Angels and all other Enterprise Angels investors of progress and developments. Ensure you BCC investors when circulating information and updates and make sure your facts are straight
- Attend AGM (remote is usually possible) and report back to investors
- Ensure your company provides a quarterly report to the Enterprise Angels team complete and on time
- If there has been a lot of change in the company, discuss with the Enterprise Angels team if the company should provide an update to shareholders at the next Enterprise Angels Pitch Night, or half an hour before the meeting
- Connect investee companies with relevant contacts of yours (potential clients, partners, employees), consider how different investee companies might have a mutually beneficial relationship. Check out all portfolio companies here.
- Provide moral support/a sounding board to founders – a simple reply of encouragement to the quarterly update is usually very well received – or ask if they have any ‘asks’ for you/EA.
What support EA can give you:
- A formal introduction of you and the role to your nominated company, by email/in person
- A formal introduction of you and the role to the EA Investors
- Regular catchups with other EA Investor Reps to share resources, discuss and help resolve issues
The value to portfolio companies:
“Matt is a fantastic contact point for Hot Lime, playing a key role in the due diligence of Hot Lime before becoming Enterprise Angels’ Investor Rep. His genuine interest in the company, the tech and people is not only enjoyable, it means we have an engaged investor rep who asks insightful questions and always looks to leverage his own and the EA network to assist wherever possible. “
Tijs Robinson – COO – Hot Lime Labs
“Sumit Oza joined the Beany Board in July 2019 and has brought a great combination of skills to the table. He has the unusual combination of deep analytical skill and human insight which makes him an incredible asset to Beany. He is thoughtful, concise and authoritative – which is a tough gig with an otherwise female Board! He also brings humour, and a different view of the world which we enjoy and appreciate.
He came on last year’s Big Beany Day Out with the whole team and that gesture was really appreciated by the wider Beany team. He supports the company in every way possible and we are very pleased to have him aboard.”
Sue de Bievre, Founder- Beany
Get in touch!
We welcome engagement from anyone interested or involved in the early stage investment market - Investors, Angel Members, Strategic or Corporate Partners, Founders, Incubators or Accelerators, Deal Referrers, Acquisition Partners etc.